Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Feel Old

It's really funny. I'm only 22 (almost 23) and instead of being a little party animal, wearing things from forever 21, or some other young and hip fashion store or jamming to today's hits; instead I listen to the stuff my parents/grandparents listened to in their life, a little indie, I love elevator-type music (lame, I know) and I find myself drawn to what old men wear. I don't know what brought this on n my life, and many find it very odd... For the most part, I could care less, but it is hard to engage with people when you dislike almost everything that they are about.
Example: Britney Spears's "Would You Hold it Against Me"... The song has been out for a few months, and the video just came out. Everyone is crazy about it (at school and online) and I... just don't get it. Hell, the video makes no sense to the song.
Visually it's pretty cool, and the symbolism of her career is very obvious. Neat, but what does it have to do with the damn song? And even then so, it's a 3 minute ad (her make up, the tv, etc.) and the choreography was very minuscule; I was not engaged at all, it felt like I was watching the news. All of my friends on facebook are posting the video quite freqently and talking about how aweomse it is... It really isn't. Sorry. And to avoid sounding like a bitch I am not bashing it to them, instead I post on this blog that nobody reads. Which I am ok with...
Back to the old age thing...
Look what I found online:

Sooooo cute, I need a new pair of comfortable for the spring, which is coming early this year. Now I really need to lose weight. I don't have a lot of loose clothes for the warmer weather. I've lost about 2 pounds since I started watching what I eat. Not depriving, but becoming more aware. Now I need to add exercise into the mix! 20 pounds is all!!
So yeah... I need to get up soon and start my Saturday... right after this nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment