Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ohh College/Preformance Calendars

Mother called the school today to express her concern in how we were going to pay my last year of school and that is currently under construction at the school's Financial Aid office. It's amazing what can be done/fixed if you just ask someone. Mom is applying for the loan again this year, I hope she gets it; and God knows when I get out I will find a way to help pay it back for her. I'm already preparing myself to get a job with a work study program in morning (where academics would be taken place) and doing some outside work on the side to cover supplies/food for the year. I am kind of glad that all of my friends graduated last year, because I have no idea how I am going to keep a strict schedule and a social life...
Speaking of schedules, I have wonderful news...
The head of my department at school just released the performance calendar for the year... In the fall, I will be working outside the school and running "Cosi Fan Tutte" in Charlotte with Martha, my teacher/professional mentor... Build/Run "Light Up the Sky" with non other than my Michael (b/c we haven't had enough of each other)... And then, comes the part that put the giant twinkle in my eye...
"Necole Bluhm/Design/Cosi Fan Tutte" -- OMG! The moment I have been waiting for in three years, my first official design. Not only that, an opera, and not only that... The Winter Opera (a big deal). I am so honored that I was assigned this show and I am so excited to be working with all that are involved. I cannot wait! But wait, there is more to this wonderful story... In the Spring, I am also designing "Harper's Ferry" and another outside job doing my favorite show in the whole world-- "HMS Pinafore". I am so excited, granted it will be a very hard year... Having jobs, classes, shows to design, but it's the last year. I am so thankful for all those who help me out and those who believe in me to work on these assignment I just hope I don't let anyone down.
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment